Thursday, September 25, 2008

Who Is Your Worst Enemy?

I know who my own worst enemy is. It is myself. I tell you what, I can beat myself up mentally over so many things that it is ridiculous. I think I have always been this way to a degree, but as I have gotten older I think I do it more. I let things affect me that I shouldn't and when I do, it is like my mind is stuck like a broken record playing through over and over again.

Today I let something bother me and that triggered me wondering about different situations. I have to say,I felt myself wallowing in no where land and I had to go back and ask myself how in the world did I let myself get this point? I also asked myself is this the way the Lord wants me to be. Well of course that answer is NO! Satan knows how to cause me to stumble and he was doing a good job of it. I pulled out my Bible and read and really took it in. I can not control how people act or feel. I can not control how they view me or my family the only thing I can control is doing what the Lord wants for me, following my husband, and taking care of my children to the best of my abilities. So why let my mind ponder things that I can not control? Why not think on things that Philippians 4:8 tells me? Finally, brethern, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virture, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Philippians 4:8

Maybe this is to much to publish for all to read, I am not sure. But it was on my heart.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No its good that you posted how you were feeling because I have been struggling with the exact same thing. Bonnie actually told me I needed to think of that verse when I am thinking this way.Its nice to know Im not the only one who who struggles sometimes with this.Thankyou for sharing. Luv You Nikki

Jenny said...

Awwww....it's not too much to publish at all! It was a blessing to read, and believe me, I do this same thing. And just like you said I stop myself and have to ask... HOW did I get to this place of thought? Is ANY of this even true? I agree that I think it's all Satan trying to discourage us and make us focus on the negative in every situation. The verse you quoted is so perfect for this, and I also love the verse about giving no place to the devil. Good post!

Anonymous said...

You stated that perfectly! I certainly can relate...

LeAnne said...

I have to say I have a lot of the same feelings and then my mind goes crazy. Thanks for the verse it really makes me think.

Valued & Vulnerable said...

I can start looking inward when I see all the comments I post on Lisa's blog and see OH SO FEW on mine from Lisa! Haaaaaaaaaaaa! Really, when i get inward I force myself to do something for someone. Sounds like someone needs an all famous Banana Cake from Lisa! It can cover a multitude of sins. Love you and your transparency!